Jan is a Partner in AG's Private Funds group and a member of the firm's cross-departmental wealth & asset management sector team. His particular focus is on counselling asset and fund managers. Jan regularly advises on fund establishment and structuring matters, product distribution and marketing, investment management negotiation and regulatory change implementation.
Jan regularly speaks at industry network events and delivers funds and asset management focussed training.
Recent experience includes, advising:
- Actis LLP on the takeover of a number of funds formerly managed by the Abraaj Group, representing the takeover of over £5bn of assets under management.
- A leading emerging markets fund manager on its Brexit strategy and planning.
- Barcapel Equity on the establishment of their first-time fund Barcapel Equity One LP.
- A major UK asset manager on a segregated account vehicle investing in real estate.
- A global asset manager on the development of its ESG stewardship report.
- ETFs – A snapshot of legal issues (co-author, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law)
- LPA Anatomised (2012 edition) – Chapter on Indemnification and Exculpation Terms (co-author, Private Equity International)
- German - fluent
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales