Matthew is a Managing Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Global Investigations team, specialising in corporate crime. He has represented financial institutions, multinational corporates, and senior individuals in high-profile investigations and prosecutions involving allegations of bribery, fraud, and money laundering.
Matthew has also advised a range of clients on how to comply with financial sanctions and anti-money laundering regulations.
Matthew's representative matters include:
- Acting in support of the monitor of a global tier-one financial institution; *
- Defending a number of connected individuals against serious allegations of economic crime valued in the billions of dollars; *
- Counselling various clients in respect to UK and EU financial sanctions compliance;
- Investigating allegations of misconduct within a global healthcare company; and
- Advising a global social media company on the composition of a content oversight board. *
*The above representative matters were handled by Matthew prior to his joining Addleshaw Goddard.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc, 2013
- BPP University Law School, GDL, 2014
- BPP University Law School, LPC, 2015
- Professional Memberships
- Member and Membership Secretary of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Member of the Association of Certified Sanctions Specialists