Lauren is a dispute resolution lawyer in our Construction and Engineering team, specialising in all forms of contentious matters in the energy, utilities, construction and infrastructure sectors. She acts for major energy companies, developers, contractors and consultants in all heads of claim, from defects and negligence claims, to extension of time/related cost and final account disputes.
Lauren takes pride in her commercial awareness and industry knowledge to tailor bespoke advice and ensure positive, practical results are achieved; whether this be fighting contentiously in formal dispute resolution proceedings or by assisting clients navigate projects via continuous advice on strategy, risk management and dispute avoidance.
Lauren is a tactically strong litigator owing to her commercial litigation background and acts in all forums of alternative dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication and arbitration, as well as formal litigation proceedings in court. She is always mindful that parties are often in on-going contractual relationships and tailors her approach accordingly.
- Defending a multi-party PFI dispute with claims exceeding £1m.
- Acting for a UK local authority in a series of disputes on the construction of an energy from waste facility.
- Acting for a Scottish utilities company on various disputes in relation to defective works.
- Instructed by a global design consultant in defence and counterclaim in a multi-jurisdictional dispute concerning a public sector procured marine infrastructure project.
- Acting in numerous "smash and grab" adjudications, extension of time and time related cost claims, and final account disputes.
- University of Aberdeen (2014 - 2015)