Chris is a partner in Addleshaw Goddard's London Corporate Division. He has over 16 years' experience advising clients on their mergers and acquisitions and investment strategies, specialising in complex domestic and cross border transactions.
Chris is one of the founding partners of AG's Africa Business Group and he is responsible for East Africa. He has advised FTSE 100, private equity (PE) and sovereign wealth investors on their acquisitions, investments and joint ventures in Africa. Chris is a regular visitor to the region where he lectures on issues ranging from PE investments to international bribery and corruption compliance.
Chris is also one of the lead partners in AG's market leading Retail & Consumer Group. Having worked with FTSE 100 consumer businesses throughout his career, he focuses on transactional work in this important sector and the accompanying route-to-market, logistics and manufacturing arrangements which underpin such businesses.
Chris's clients include, amongst others, AIG, AREVA, ABF, BAT, Catalyst Principal Partners, CDC Group, Hikma Pharmaceutical, Kajima, LDC, Leidos, Reebok, Semperian PPP Investment Partners and TUI Travel.
In the last 12 months, Chris has advised on the following transactions:
- ABF on numerous transactions including its acquisition of Vivergo Fuels
- Adidas (through its Reebok subsidiary) on its acquisition of Refuel (Brand Distribution)
- BAT on its €550 million acquisition of the TDR Group and its acquisition of Blue Nile Cigarette Company in Sudan
- CDC Group on its education joint venture with GEMS and its healthcare joint venture with HCG
- Leidos Inc. on its group restructuring to take advantage of the Granite Trust decision in the US
- Semperian on its acquisition of MAMG Asset Management Group
- TUI Travel on its disposal of Late Rooms Limited by way of auction process
- A major retail bank on its disposal of part of its branch network
The Africa Business Group represents AG's operations across the African continent, which is home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, presenting exciting opportunities for our clients.