Anouj is a Managing Assocciate in the Commercial Disputes team in Addleshaw Goddard's Leeds office. He acts on a wide range of complex, high-value and business critical disputes.
Anouj has experience of finding solutions for clients, whether through alternative dispute resolution, formal court proceedings or arbitration. He has advised on disputes across a number of areas, including contractual claims, IT and technology outsourcing projects, business transformation programmes, licensing disputes, franchising agreements, international shipping arbitrations and has acted both for and against government institutions.
Anouj is a Co-Chair of the firm's ethnicity DEI network (known as AG Embrace) to help promote and improve ethnic diversity and inclusion across the firm and the legal sector. He is also an active member of the Tech Group, working on a number of tech disputes (typically in relation to software licensing, transformation & outsourcing projects, cloud contracts and cyber-attacks) and co-ordinating with colleagues to raise AG's profile in the technology space.
Anouj's recent experience includes:
- Advising a national oil and gas entity regarding a complex international oil and shipping arbitration (worth circa $4.2m).
- Advising a national government in relation to urgent issues concerning the transfer of a rail franchise, to ensure a smooth handover of operations to a new franchisee, helping to ensure minimal disruption.
- Acting for a technology and telecommunications business in connection with a complex contractual dispute with a state entity, worth over USD $500m.
- Acting for a large food manufacturing plc in connection with a commercial supply agreement of national significance with one of its customers.
- Acting for a large national retailer against an IT supplier whose actions threatened to severely disrupt trading operations and cause reputational damage. Helped to successfully secure injunctive relief to prevent the IT supplier from pursuing its threatened action and ensure business continuity.
- Advising a large commercial banking plc on a time and business-critical licensing dispute. Helped to successfully secure a commercial resolution.
- Advising an international healthcare organisation in relation to a dispute regarding a significant business transformation programme. Helped to achieve a successful commercial resolution to the dispute.
- Acting for a major consumer retail organisation regarding a failed IT implementation programme which cost the business circa £2.5m and impacted on the delivery of services to customers.
- Acting for an international banking organisation in relation to a number of disputes, including outsourcing projects and under-licensing allegations. Helping the business to save costs by rebutting and/or negotiating down alleged licence fees.
- Gujarati - intermediate
- French - intermediate
- Can an Invalid Deed be Enforced as a Contract? (Corporate Briefing, June 2020)
- JV Agreements – No Implied Duty of Good Faith (Lexology, April 2020)
- Missing "Non-Football Global Superstars" meant New Balance could not Match up to Nike (Lexology, January 2020)
- The Limits to Confidentiality for Arbitration Applications to the Court (Lexology, August 2019)
- Limitations on the Collateral Use of Disclosed Documents (Lexology, March 2019)