With over 20 years' experience advising the public sector on major infrastructure procurements throughout the UK Suzanne's particular procurement expertise is in the waste, transport, energy and telecoms sectors. She provides strategic commercial and procurement advice at all stages of a procurement and often leads the advisory team supporting the authority delivering public sector infrastructure.
Suzanne is accredited with the European Energy Centre's Galileo Master Certificate for completion of the Renewable Energy Management & Finance course.
Suzanne will take a senior role in the delivery of Major Projects.
Suzanne will be responsible for managing core teams, leading negotiations and advising on strategic issues.
TRANSPORT - ROADS
- Led the legal team advising the free flow tolling infrastructure and operations contractor in connection with the Mersey Gateway Project, the £500 million Project to deliver a new bridge over the River Mersey funded by free flow tolling (closed March 2014). An innovative and ground breaking project backed by an IUK guarantee
- Advising free flow tolling infrastructure provided in connection with the Dartford Crossing Contract
- Acted for a private sector consortium on the M80 DBFO Project.
- Part of the legal team that advised the public sector, in relation to the M77/Glasgow Southern Orbital DBFO Project and the A92 DBFO Project
- Cyprus Road PPP/ M7/M8 Portlaoise Motorway PPP: advising the procuring authority
- M7/M8yortlaoise Motorway PPP project : part of the legal team that advised the Funders on this Project.
TRANSPORT — RAIL AND LIGHT RAIL
- Part of the senior legal team that supported Transport Scotland in connection with the relet of the £1 billion ScotRail Franchise. Advice included complex procurement, state aid and contractual issues and contract negotiation
- Borders Railway NPDO DBFM, part of the team that advised the private sector on the Borders Railway NPDO DBFM project
- Advised a joint venture partner in the "Infraco" responsible for delivering the civil engineering works on the Edinburgh Tram.
TRANSPORT — FERRIES
- Advised CalMac Ferries in connection with its tenders for Clyde and Hebrides Ferry Services and
- Advised NorthLink Ferries Limited on its tenders for the Northern Isles, including detailed advice on procurement and state aid.
- Leading the team advising the three Councils involved in the delivery of the Ness EFW Facility. Leading commercial negotiations and providing full support on a wide range of issues
- Led the team advising Dundee City Council and Angus Council for their residual waste facility procurement. Supporting the Councils' in-house legal team with all procurement, contractual and commercial issues
- Advising on residual waste contracts for City of Edinburgh and Midlothian Councils and the Preferred Bidder on the Glasgow City Council contract
- Advising Cornwall Council on the delivery of its £200m Waste Collection Contract.
- Advising Scottish Government on the delivery of the £800m R100 superfast broadband project
- Advising Dundee City Council and various other local authorities on various 5G, wifi and superfast broadband projects
- Advising Somerset Council in connection with their superfast broadband project —Connecting Devon and Somerset.
- Acted for the Industrial Participants on the MoD CVF Carrier Project, developing the innovative Alliancing contractual structure which underpinned that project
- the C Vehicle PPP Project (estimated value circa £600 million); Heavy Equipment Transporter and Whole Fleet Management tri service project.
- Advising the private sector in connection with the Home Office's, Asylum Seeker's Accommodation Project
- Advising the private sector in connection with the MoJ's Prison Procurement and Operation Framework