Andrew is a leading corporate lawyer who focuses on working closely with the entrepreneurial owners and management teams of, and investors in, high growth companies.
Andrew works with an impressive range of high growth clients. He provides advice on fundraising, growth by acquisition, strategic relationships, contracts, joint ventures and exits. The exits include public and private company mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts and equity capital market flotations.
Andrew is a highly pro-active business developer with a track record of creating opportunities for clients and intermediaries.
- From 2009 to date, acting as company secretary and quasi-general counsel to high growth company Genius Foods Limited, the leading gluten free bakery in the UK. This includes commercial work, fundraisings and acquisitions across multiple jurisdictions.
- From start up in 2005 to final exit in 2015, leading the legal team that helped energy services firm Senergy Group to become a business operating in 18 countries with 750 staff and over £100m turnover. In 2015, Andrew's team completed the final phase of the sale of Senergy Group to Lloyd's Register.
- From start up in 2000 to date, working closely with the founders of The Capital Pub Company plc to achieve multiple fundraisings, flotation on AIM and then sale to Greene King plc for an enterprise value of £93m. Andrew's team continues to work closely with the founders in their latest venture, the City Pub Group.
- Helped to establish Par Equity in 2008. Par Equity has now created and manages a range of innovative investment products and funds, financed by a strong investor syndicate. Most recently, advised Par Equity on the establishment of Par Residential Investments III LP, a new £50m residential property fund which achieved its first close in early December 2016.
- From 2009 to date, advising Ramsdens Holdings plc on the rapid expansion of its business, including roll-out of stores from c30 units to c130 units. Andrew's team advised on the 2014 MBO of Ramsdens and most recently on the Group's admission to AIM in February 2017.
"Andrew Ley is praised for his 'solid, pragmatic advice'."
Chambers UK (2017)
"Leader in his field."
Legal 500 (2016)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- LLB Law (Hons), University of Dundee
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Dundee
- Rijksuniversiteit, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Year qualified - 1999