Nic is a Partner in our Commercial Disputes team, based in the Sultanate of Oman.
Nic has extensive experience acting for both private and state enterprises in all aspects of cross border litigation.
He has acted in ICC, LCIA and SIAC governed arbitrations. Nic also advises on non-contentious matters including shareholder disputes, fraud investigations and insurance matters (policyholder disputes). He is often retained to advise on contract and construction project documentation, including Omani standard form and FIDIC contracts.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Nic was a litigator with Australia's largest law firm, Minter Ellison. He has previously served on the executive of the Australian Business Group Oman.
- Advising a large Spanish multinational conglomerate regarding a dispute resolution board claims processes, involving mechanical works to a desalination plant
- Acting for an Omani joint venture in an ad hoc Omani seated arbitration against a state owned entity in connection with earthworks and piping infrastructure
- Advising a consortium of international financiers regarding subcontractor disputes at a desalination plant in Oman
- Acting for an Omani port and freezone authority in connection with several disputes with commercial tenants and related arbitrations conducted under the auspices of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and in associated Omani court proceedings relating to enforcement of awards
- Acting for an international services company in an arbitration before the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC) concerning variation claims and liquidated damages
- Acting for one of Oman's largest independent contractors in regards to variation claims, payment disputes and latent defect allegations
- Acting for a several contractors against an Omani government entity in regards to payment claims and the enforcement of arbitral awards relating to a major transport infrastructure project
- Advising an Austrian health infrastructure provider on claims management and several disputes arising from a health infrastructure project
- Defending an Omani company against an LCIA arbitration involving alleged breaches of commercial agreements
- Acting for a Kuwaiti-Omani joint venture contractor in the defence of an ad hoc Oman based arbitration relating to a shopping centre in South Oman
'Nic gives very clear and punctual advice in a relaxed but efficient manner.'
'Clients applaud his very clear, practical and commercially astute advice.'
'All of the staff I have worked with have a very professional attitude, however they are also very amiable and friendly in their approach. I have been mainly dealing with Nic Henrikson who has continually gone above and beyond what would normally be expected and indeed what the competitors of AG do.’
‘The AG dispute resolution team is experienced and forthcoming with information, which helps set expectations and understand potential outcomes. Nic is also responsive and diligent, which is always valuable to a client.’
'Nic Henrikson is often seen as the first choice among larger international firms for advice on local Omani law issues.'
'I mainly worked with Nic Henrikson, who is helpful, candid and responsive. I appreciate that he regularly follows up and keeps in touch until the matter is finally resolved.'