Addleshaw Goddard has invited 20 lawyers to join its partnership, bringing the total global partner headcount to over 340 from 1 May, 2022. The number of partner promotions by the firm this year is the largest ever.
The 20 new Partners are drawn from offices in England, Scotland, Asia and the Middle East, represent each of the firm's four Divisions – Corporate & Commercial, Finance & Projects, Litigation and Real Estate – and bring experience of advising clients across all of the firm's six core sector groups. Of the 20, six trained with the business (Mark Broomfield, Mark Chesher, Phil Dupres, Sarah Foster, Ally Mackenzie and Natasha Winter,).
Welcoming the new Partners, John Joyce, Addleshaw Goddard Managing Partner, said:
"We are pursuing a very active recruitment drive across all our offices in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia and whilst that ongoing recruitment is an important part of our growth strategy, equally important is our providing opportunities to home grown talent.
"I am therefore very pleased to announce these promotions. Each individual has our congratulations and very best wishes. They have all demonstrated exceptionally high levels of performance and potential and we have no doubt that they will continue to play important roles in the future as leaders of our business."
"We are proud this year once again of the gender balance across our internal partner appointments, with 10 of the 20 appointments being women."
The firm brings together multi-disciplinary teams with particular insight across the following six core sectors: Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Healthcare, Real Estate, Retail & Consumer and Transport.
The 20 newly promoted partners are:
- Mark Broomfield - Construction & Engineering (Leeds)
- Cecile Burgess - Commercial Disputes (London)
- Mark Chesher - Commercial Disputes (London)
- Sivan Daniels - Finance Litigation (London)
- Liam Diggins - Investment Management Group (London)
- Phil Dupres - Infrastructure Projects & Energy (Manchester)
- Ben Edwards - Finance (Manchester)
- Laura Falls - Corporate (Edinburgh)
- Sarah Foster - Restructuring (Manchester)
- Carly Gulliver - Corporate (Leeds)
- Nic Henrikson - Litigation (Oman)
- Natalie Hewitt - Finance (London)
- Ian Kynoch - Finance (London)
- Ally Mackenzie - Construction & Engineering (Leeds)
- Victoria Pool - Commercial Disputes (Manchester)
- Will Smith - Infrastructure, Projects & Energy (London)
- Steph Townley - Infrastructure Projects & Energy (Manchester)
- Lizzie Wareing - Finance (Manchester)
- Natasha Winter - Commercial Disputes (London)
- Agnes Wong - Corporate (Hong Kong)