Mike specialises in advising on acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions (MBOs, MBIs and Growth Capital), joint ventures and other general corporate advice.
His private equity clients include 3i, Accel-KKR, Bridges Fund Management, ECI Partners LLP, Foresight, Mobeus Equity Partners and Phoenix Equity Partners. He also provides general corporate advice to numerous corporate clients including Solvay SA, Kerridge Commercial Systems, Citation and Kurt Geiger.
Transaction highlights include:
- Advising ECI Partners on their investments in Mthree Consulting, Bionic, Media iQ, Edenhouse Solutions and Evans Cycles
- Advising Citation on its sale to Hg Capital and subsequent acquisition of Education Personnel Management
- Advising Foresight on the acquisition and subsequent disposal to Arcus Infrastructure Partners of its smart metering business, and on their investments in various energy from waste and recycling plants
- Advising Bridges Fund Management on the sale of The Gym Group and QBIC Hotels, and on its investments in Vegetarian Express, Wholebake, The Hub pharmacy and clothingsite.co.uk
- Advising Accel-KKR on the MBO of Reapit
- Co-author of A Practical Guide to Private Equity Transactions, published by Cambridge University Press
- He is recognised as 1 of only 8 leading individuals for mid-market private equity transactions by Legal 500, and Chambers adds that "Mike impresses clients with his strong deal leadership and experience in key private equity transactions."