Mike is a corporate Partner advising on acquisitions, disposals, private equity transactions (management buyouts (MBOs), management buy-ins and development capital), joint ventures and other general corporate activities. Mike's private equity clients include 3i, Accel-KKR, Bridges Fund Management, ECI Partners, Foresight, Graphite Capital and Piper Private Equity. Mike also provides general corporate advice to numerous corporate clients, including Solvay SA, Kerridge Commercial Systems, Citation and Kurt Geiger.
His sector interests and experience include a particular emphasis on retail and renewable energy, although he has worked with private equity investors across a number of sectors.
Mike's transactional experience includes advising:
- ECI Partners LLP on the secondary MBO of Evans Cycles and on its investments in Edenhouse, Media iQ and Make It Cheaper
- Accel-KKR on the MBO of Reapit Limited
- Citation on its sale to Hg Capital and subsequent acquisition of Education Personnel Management
- Kurt Geiger on its sale to Cinven, as well as numerous previous private equity-backed transactions
- Foresight and Zouk on their investment in a £111 million recycling and waste plant at Forth by Lanark, Scotland
- Bridges Fund Management on its investments in Vegetarian Express, clothingsite.co.uk, Wholebake and The Hub pharmacy
- Shareholders of The Gym Group Ltd on the sale of a majority stake to Phoenix Equity Partners
- Giggling Squid on its fundraising backed by Business Growth Fund
- Kerridge Commercial Systems on its secondary equity fundraising backed by Accel-KKR
- Gresham on the MBO and subsequent disposal to Inflexion of Marston Group
- Piper Private Equity LLP on the £27 million disposal of the Las Iguanas restaurant chain to Bowmark Capital, and on its investment in the Be At One bar chain
- Capita on the £30 million acquisition of the National Dental Plan group
- Foresight on its investments in Closed Loop Recycling and PlasRecycle
- Graphite Capital on the MBOs of Sure Maintenance Group Ltd and Integrity Software
- Solvay SA on the €200 million disposal of its Caprolactones business to Perstorp
- 3i on numerous individual and portfolio disposals
Mike is recognised as a private equity expert in the latest edition of The Legal 500 and is the co-author of, A Practical Guide to Private Equity Transactions, published by Cambridge University Press.
- Law Society qualification date: 1999
- University of Birmingham - LLB and Business Studies (First) (1995)