Manuela specializes in intellectual property, information technology and commercial matters. Her practice includes contentious and non-contentious work for international and national clients from various industries, such as technology, information and communication technologies, entertainment, life sciences, automotive, fashion and retail.
She advises on the whole range of intellectual property, from clearance and strategy through to enforcement and litigation as well as commercial matters. She has a special focus on the digital media and online area, including interactive entertainment, video games, online platforms, data protection law, protection of minors, regulatory matters, E-commerce and broadcasting.
Manuela has more than 15 years of experience in advising clients on the multi-jurisdictional rollout of new products and the market entry in Germany.
Before joining Addleshaw Goddard, Manuela was with a major international law firm and served as office managing partner of an international law firm.
Manuela has constantly been recognised in top legal rankings, including IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property, and has been listed regularly by Best Lawyers in the categories Information Technology Law and Media & Copyright Law. WTR 1000 praised her as "a poised IP litigator and thorough and clear adviser with an intuitive grasp of online issues and especially social media-related matters."
- Representing multinational technology company in a number of litigation cases and enforcement work in the field of trademarks, designs and unfair competition
- Multinational video game company on IP clearance and enforcement
Multinational pharmaceutical company on commercial contracts, procurement and supply chain, terms and conditions, data protection, regulatory matters and consumer laws
- US-based multinational company on market entry and product rollout in Germany, including regulatory advice, commercial matters, marketing and consumer laws, intellectual property, website terms, coordination of related corporate givernance matters such as corporate and employment matters.
- Störerhaftung des Registrars, Anmerkung zu BGH, Urteil vom 15.10.2020 – I ZR 13/19, MMR 2021, 138 (zusammen mit Timo Conraths)
- Störerhaftung des Access-Providers, Anmerkung zu BGH, Urteil vom 26.11.2015 - I ZR 174/14, MMR 2016, 180 (zusammen mit Timo Conraths)
- Das Kind als Schutzobjekt des UWG oder Zensor der Werbung?, MMR 2015, 1
- Neue datenschutzrechtliche Pflichten für Diensteanbieter im Internet - Kritische Anmerkungen zum Entwurf zur Änderung des TMG, ZD 2011, 109
- Datenschutzrechtliche Aspekte des Cloud Computing, in: Beratungskonzepte für Cloud Computing - Trends im Software- und Servicemarkt": Tagungsband zum Fachgespräch im Rahmen der MKWI 2012
- Year Qualified
- 2006 – Attorney-at-law
- 2005 – Master of Law (University of Stockholm)
- 1996 – Rechtsassessor
- 1993 – Rechtsreferendar
- Managing Intellectual Property - IP Star - Trademarks [ongoing since 2014]
- Media Law (2019)
- In two categories since 2020: Media & Copyright Law / Information Technology Law
- In three categories since 2022: Data Security and Privacy Law, Information Technology Law and Media Law
WTR 1000 [ongoing since 2019]
- Stockholm University, Sweden – Master in European and International Intellectual Property Law (2005)
- Higher Regional Court Stuttgart (Oberlandesgericht Stuttgart) – Assessor (1996)
- University of Constance, Germany, Law school – Referendar (1993)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR))
- INTA – International Trademark Association
- Marques - European association representing the interests of brand owners
- LES – Licensing Executives Society