Andrew is a Managing Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's commercial department who acts for transport clients from both the private and public sectors. Andrew has acted for the UK's Department for Transport, Volkswagen, Network Rail, a major international airline and other transport clients. Andrew acts in relation to outsourcings, cloud computing, software licence and maintenance agreements and a range of other IT contracts.
Andrew's recent experience includes:
- advising the Department for Transport on letting one of the Department's most complex franchises. This work has involved advising the Department on the overall structure of the franchise agreement, redrafting provisions of the franchise agreement to reflect the specific circumstances which apply to this franchise and advising on procurement law.
- advising Volkswagen on a strategic alliance with Ford for the development of vehicles and sharing investments in innovation and technology. Andrew has led negotiations on a wide-range of key strategic issues relating to the overall alliance.
- advising Network Rail on all aspects of a procurement for on-train hardware, software and related services. This has involved drafting the invitation to tender, advising on on-going evaluation queries and drafting the hardware and software supply and maintenance agreements which are to be entered into upon contract award.
- advising a rail infrastructure manager on the purchase of software applications and software development services related to freight operations.
- advising a global engineering group on an underlicensing dispute with SAP and the terms of settlement documents (including a separate settlement agreement and a new SAP order form) designed to settle the dispute.
- European Union in The Government Procurement Review (7th Ed. 2019)
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Procurement Lawyers' Association