Yves represents and provides comprehensive legal advice to international groups of companies, mid-sized companies, start-ups, and individuals in all areas of intellectual property, particularly trademark and competition law, as well as IT, AI and data protection law (GDPR).
During the course of his legal career, Yves has represented the interests of his clients in a wide range of litigation and arbitration proceedings. He also has extensive experience in the development of trademark strategies, trademark clearance processes and portfolio management.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Yves completed a banking apprenticeship in Hamburg, then began studying law in Goettingen, finishing in Berlin with a main focus on intellectual property rights. As part of his legal clerkship at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court, Mr. Wolff spent time in each regional court’s specialized divisions for press, media, and intellectual property, as well as at a renowned IP law firm in San Francisco, California.
In 2018 he successfully completed a master’s degree program, “Intellectual Property and Media Law,” at Humboldt University in Berlin, obtaining the degree of Master of Laws (LL.M.).
- Trademark strategy development, trademark clearance processes and portfolio management for an American multinational, multibillion consumer products company.
- Management and coordination of a multinational trademark registration process in over 100 countries for a world leading flooring products company.
- Conducting numerous IP-related administrative proceedings before the German and European trademark offices as well as the European Court of Justice and the European General Court.
- Involvement in several extensive implementation projects relating to the GDPR, including one of the largest auto rental companies in the world and a world-leading manufacturer of optics and reprography products.
- Advising the Canadian retail business group Hudson's Bay on IP matters in the multi-billion dollar merger between Karstadt and Kaufhof.
- Advising the French-based independent private equity investment company Ardian on intellectual property matters in connection with the sale of its shares in one of the leading manufacturers of high-quality hotel cosmetics to Moonlake Capital
- First State Exam - Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (2011)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in "Intellectual Property and Media Law" - Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (2018)
- German – Native
- English – Fluent
- Professional Memberships
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- Year Qualified