Rory is an associate within the Litigation department. Rory has experience acting for clients in a variety of contractual, property, construction, and financial disputes. Rory has experience acting for commercial organisations, banks, registered social landlords, creditors, and private individuals.
Rory also has experience in dealing with health & safety, regulatory, and corporate crime matters.
Rory regularly appears in Sheriff Courts across Scotland and has experience instructing counsel in the Court of Session.
- Assisted in providing urgent advice to Kroll Advisory Limited in investigating a £300 million fraud and securing interim relief in the form of a worldwide freezing order and proprietary injunction against the former directors of the Arena Television Group Companies.
- Advised Highlands and Islands Airports Limited in a dispute with a contractor over defects in roofing works at Sumburgh Airport and assisted in reaching an amicable conclusion between the parties.
- Member of the team representing Scottish Futures Trust in the Scottish Hospitals Public Inquiry.
- Member of the team representing a residential care provider in the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry.
- Experience acting for social housing landlords and appearing in the Sheriff Courts in repossession and antisocial behaviour actions.
- University of Aberdeen – LLB Law with options in Music (2017) First Class
- University of Aberdeen – Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2019) with Distinction
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of Scotland
- Edinburgh Young Professionals – Committee Member