Alison is Head of the Glasgow office and Co-head of our UK and International Real Estate Sector team. She has worked in the real estate investment, development and regeneration sector throughout her career including leading a national award winning regeneration team.
Alison works throughout the UK for clients including acting for overseas investor/developers, one of the largest national EV operators on their UK roll out, private equity backed propcos and significant German institutional investors.
- Sale out for private equity clients of a UK wide Government let portfolio to a value in excess of £45 million.
- Completion of infrastructure funded by Scottish Government/local authority infrastructure loan and final releases re sales of 4 housing sites for circa 550 homes at Stratton Inverness for private developer/investor.
- Assembly by individual acquisition by (i) sale and leaseback from Heineken and (ii) acquisition of a Jersey Unit Trust of four business units at Broadway Gyle Edinburgh, corporate reorganisation, refinance new lease to Standard Life Investments and sale of the Jersey corporate for circa £26 million.
- Acquisition, re gear, development works and sale of substantial office asset to Harrow Council of Kings House Harrow for private equity propco.
- Acquisition of substantial tower building office block for refurbishment, partial repurposing and reletting at Tower House Bristol for private equity propco.
- Acquisition and wholesale refurbishment of substantial office building at 6 Atlantic Quay Glasgow for overseas family office investor.
- Completion of lettings at Atria One & Two Edinburgh for German fund Deka Immobilen.
"The very thorough experienced and commercially aware Alison Newton works with a number of investment funds on a variety of transactional matters. Clients say: she is very communicative and very tough in terms of negotiating."
Chambers UK (2017)
"Sources consider Alison Newton to be 'very good at understanding the commerce of a deal', and describe her as a 'very shrewd operator'. She has particular understanding of the investment market and is known for regularly handling complex and substantial portfolio transactions."
Chambers UK (2016)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- University of Dundee LLB Dip LP