Alison is Head of the Glasgow office and Partner in the Real Estate department. She has worked in the real estate development and regeneration sector throughout her career including leading a national award winning regeneration team.
Alison's work has ranged from acting for national occupiers dealing with their range of issues (strategic and operational) to leading teams on multi use regeneration schemes from inception through planning and legal set up to funding, delivery and sale.
Latterly she has led on a number of significant UK portfolio acquisitions.
Alison is Director of Centre for Cities a policy organisation chaired by Nigel Hughill based in London and Royal Scottish National Orchestra chaired by Dame Sue Bruce based in Glasgow.
- Completion for Deka Immobilien Fund of acquisition of Atria One and Two Edinburgh for £105 million and completion of three lettings to EDF rent circa £130,000, Hot Yoga rent circa £23,000 and EY rent circa £960,000.
- Acquisition by asset purchase and corporate vehicles of three medical centres for Assura plc for consideration circa £8.5 million.
- Assembly by individual acquisition for private equity clients of a UK wide Government let portfolio to a value in excess of £43 million.
- Assembly by individual acquisition by (i) sale and leaseback from Heineken and (ii) acquisition of a Jersey Unit Trust of four business units at Broadway Gyle Edinburgh for an estate value circa £25 million.
- Acquisition of corporate vehicle holding investment property at Bothwell Street Glasgow for consideration in excess of £25 million.
"The very thorough experienced and commercially aware Alison Newton works with a number of investment funds on a variety of transactional matters. Clients say: she is very communicative and very tough in terms of negotiating."
Chambers UK (2017)
"Sources consider Alison Newton to be 'very good at understanding the commerce of a deal', and describe her as a 'very shrewd operator'. She has particular understanding of the investment market and is known for regularly handling complex and substantial portfolio transactions."
Chambers UK (2016)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- University of Dundee, LLB Dip LP (1984)
- Year qualified - 1986