Marie is an Associate in our Commercial Litigation team in Leeds. Marie has experience of a wide range of complex, high value disputes across a number of sectors, including procurement challenges, shareholder disputes, contractual claims and public law challenges such as judicial review. She is familiar with all forms of alternative dispute resolution, and has supported clients through both mediations and without prejudice meetings to successfully resolve proceedings.
"Associate Marie [Matthews] gives excellent advice in a timely manner, helps to plan client's long-term strategies, gives pragmatic advice and at the same time, comprehensively covers the technical detail so as to minimise risk."
Examples of Marie's recent experience includes:
- Advising a major engineering business on pursuing and defending claims arising in its supply chain.
- Acting for a consumer credit reporting agency in connection with defending a complex contractual claim pursuant to a share purchase agreement.
- Advising contracting authorities and utilities regarding the risks of and defence of procurement challenges from unsuccessful bidders, including in the health and transport sectors.
- Acting in a number of claims involving allegations of breach of confidence, including in the oil & gas markets, and in the health sector, with particular experience of the management of confidential information during proceedings.
- Advising on a complex, high value shareholder dispute involving allegations of dishonest assistance, knowingly receiving trust property and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Year qualified - 2016
- College of Law, York – LPC, 2013 (Distinction)
- Leeds Metropolitan University – Law LLB, 2012 (First Class Honours)