Daniel has experience of advising clients in the public and private sectors on all aspects of town and country planning, local government and compulsory purchase law. He has particular experience of advising on the Community Infrastructure Levy, having advised the first Council nationally on its adoption and operation of the Levy.
Daniel was part of a team nominated for the Legal Team of the Year Award at the Municipal Journal Achievement Awards 2016, and was highly commended.
Recent work has included:
- Negotiating section 106 agreements for strategic urban extensions, including for major developments of 1800 and 3200 dwellings each.
- Advising on the formulation, examination and adoption of local planning policy.
- Advising on planning applications for town centre regeneration, the demolition of listed buildings, out of town retail, strategic housing and renewable energy developments.
- Advising on complex enforcement matters including planning contravention notices, stop notices, enforcement notices, breach of condition notices and injunctions.
- Appearing at planning hearings, conducting planning inquiries and appeals in the High Court.
- Advising clients in the energy and transport sectors on proposed Transport and Works Act Orders and Development Consent Orders.
- The University of Sheffield – LLM Commercial Law (2012)
- The College of Law, York – LPC (2010)
- The University of Lincoln – LLB (Hons) (2009)