Daniel is a Managing Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Planning and Infrastructure Consenting Team. He advises on all aspects of planning, infrastructure, compulsory purchase, highways and local government law with a focus on energy, industrial, residential and mixed use development. Daniel has experience of advising at all stages of the planning process, having advised on the formulation and adoption of local planning policy, the review of planning applications, the negotiation and completion of infrastructure agreements and the conduct of public inquiries and planning litigation.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Tellon Capital on the comprehensive redevelopment of the Bargate Shopping Centre, Southampton, including on all aspects of the planning application, environmental statement, compulsory purchase order, stopping up orders, scheduled ancient monument consents, planning and highways agreements.
- Sewell Construction Limited on the development of the Yorkshire Energy Park in Hedon, East Riding of Yorkshire, comprising of a 49 mw energy generating station, data centre and industrial and distribution units, including drafting and negotiating the section 106 agreement and advising on environmental impact and appropriate assessment.
- British Sugar Plc on the residential led (1,100 unit) redevelopment of its former refinery at York, including in relation to its planning application and subsequent recovered appeal for non-determination (APP/C2741/W/17/3177821).
- Strawson on all aspects of its development of Stafford Gate, Creswell (comprising of a drive through coffee shop, petrol filling station, a 60 bed hotel, nursery, a public house and 118,500 sq ft of industrial, office and distribution floorspace), Witham St Hughs, Lincolnshire (being a 1,100 dwellings, 150 bed care home development) and on obtaining planning permission for an out of town centre supermarket in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
- London Luton Airport Limited on its application for a Transport and Works Act Order, which will authorise the operation of a mass passenger transit scheme linking the Airport Terminal with Luton Airport Parkway Station, including drafting the Order and the associated application documents.
- Newark and Sherwood District Council on its determination of a planning application for the development of up to 800 dwellings and 30,000 sqm of industrial floor space at the former Thoresby Colliery, Nottinghamshire.