Fiona has 15 years’ experience advising clients in the oil and gas and wider energy industry, including operators, drilling contractors, oilfield services providers and renewables companies, on the full range of corporate services. She regularly coordinates multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions and uses commercial acumen to draft and negotiate the deal documentation to ensure the efficient and timely conclusion of transactions. Fiona is known for her technical expertise, down to earth manner and ability to build relationships. Fiona has worked in-house on secondment with a drilling contractor advising on their M&A activity as well as with an operator acting as general counsel.
Fiona has acted for:
- Eni on their joint venture with bp in Angola, combining both groups' upstream assets into Azule Energy Group.
- Ithaca Energy on (i) the acquisition of Greater Stella Area assets from Petrofac and Dyas for £228 million (acting as in-house general counsel); (ii) their $500m bond raise as part of their acquisition of Chevron North Sea Limited; and (iii) disposal of Norwegian portfolio of assets.
- Total E&P UK Limited: as part of the team advising Total on recent asset disposals in the UKCS
- Regal Petroleum Plc on the acquisition of exploration and production assets in Ukraine
- Zennor Petroleum (backed by Kerogen Capital Hong Kong) on its acquisition of First Oil plc's UKCS oil & gas assets out of administration
- Aberdeen University: Masters of Law – Oil and Gas Law – 2010
- The University of Edinburgh – Diploma in Legal Practice – 2005
- The University of Edinburgh – LLB Law with Honours - 2003
- Italian – Good command
- French – Good command