Jennifer is a Managing Associate in our litigation team and specialises in finance disputes and fraud including representing lenders in a wide range of disputes with corporate and private borrowers as well as guarantors.
Having spent time on secondment to the litigation division of a major retail bank, Jennifer has particular experience of dealing with complex recovery actions, large scale, thematic litigation for defendant financial institutions and providing advice in high profile disputes involving reputational, regulatory and industry specific issues.
Recent cases have seen Jennifer:
- advising a retail bank in relation to claims brought by customers placed in its restructuring function
- advising on claims involving bribery, fraud and forgery, including defending clients in relation to allegations of fraud made against them and advising on claims involving alleged frauds by third parties such as payment diversion frauds and cheque frauds
- advising a retail bank in relation to claims made by customers alleging mis-selling of interest rate hedging products
- advising on claims relating to the unfair relationship provisions in the Consumer Credit Act
- advising financial institution clients in relation to referrals made to the Financial Ombudsman Service and supporting their internal complaints function.