Alex is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution team in London. He specialises in commercial litigation, advising on high-value, cross-border disputes for a wide range of clients including FTSE 100 companies, banks, corporates, financial institutions and high-net-worth individuals. Alex is experienced advising on fraud, contractual disputes, complex investigations, financial crime and mis-selling claims (in relation to financial products). He has extensive High Court experience including acting on one of the most high-profile cases to come before the English Courts in recent years.
Alex has previously undertaken secondments with two major high-street banks and spent two years working as an in-house lawyer at the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc in its Disputes & Financial Crime team.
Alex's recent experience includes:
- Acting for Boris Berezovsky in his multi-billion pound claims against the estate of his former business partner Arkadi Patarkatsishvili and the Russian oligarch Vasily Anisimov
- Acting in an expedited High Court trial in relation to a complex contractual dispute regarding a £400m leisure project
- Conducting internal multi-jurisdictional investigations for FTSE 100 companies into global accounting irregularities and allegations of fraud
- Advising a private equity firm and high-net-worth individuals in a multi-million pound partnership dispute
- Advising a major high-street bank in its response to the FCA ordered past business review into alleged mis-selling of financial derivatives
- Acting for FTSE 100 financial institutions defending claims of interest rate swap mis-selling
- Advising a FTSE 100 bank in relation to its response to an FCA regulatory investigation into allegations of mortgage mis-selling
- Year qualified
- College of Law York: LLB (Hons) Law
- University of Sheffield: MA International Relations
- University of Sheffield: LLB (Hons) Politics