Ryan is a Legal Director in our commercial dispute resolution team. Ryan focuses on commercial dispute resolution with a particular emphasis on procurement, transport, and outsourcing disputes, acting for clients in both the private and the public sector.
Ryan deals with a wide range of commercial disputes through the court process, including procurement challenges, warranty and indemnity claims, Judicial Review challenges and complex contractual disputes. His work also includes dispute avoidance and risk management, assisting with contract negotiations / terminations, exit strategy and payments, together with supporting project management teams on the day to day management of large scale and long term agreements.
Ryan is experienced in resolving disputes by way of without prejudice negotiations and Alternative Dispute Resolution, including mediations and has run cases to trial where necessary.
Examples of Ryan's recent experience include:
- acting for High Speed Two (HS2) Limited on its successful defence of a challenge brought by Bechtel Limited to the award of the construction partner contract for the construction of Old Oak Common Station  EWHC 458 (TCC)
- acting for the Department for Transport in the successful defence at trial in the Rail Franchising Litigation public procurement claims brought by Stagecoach and other claimants to the award of the West Coast Partnership franchise  EWHC 1568 (TCC)
- advising both contracting authorities and bidder clients in relation to public procurement challenges, in particular in the transport and health sectors
- advising on public law matters and acting in relation to judicial review proceedings
- advising a supplier to the NHS in relation to a contractual dispute regarding the supply of equipment and services during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Joint author of the UK Chapter of The Government Procurement Review.
- Joint author of "Remedies and the Green Paper" Public Procurement Law Review Issue 3 (2021); P.P.L.R. 2021, 3, 133-152
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Procurement Lawyers Association