Laura is involved in a wide range of transactional corporate work and regularly advises companies from incorporation through to exit. In particular, she advises on investments, providing structured advice to companies at the start-up stage through to companies seeking more advanced stages of investment. Laura also acts for private equity investors and takes a pragmatic and result driven approach to this work.
In addition, Laura advises on share acquisitions and disposals and business and assets acquisitions and disposals and is focused on building relationships with client to see them through the transaction and beyond.
As well as corporate transactional work, Laura has a wealth of experience in advising on joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and constitutional matters. In the past, Laura gained experience of financial work, having advised on many loan facilities, in particular in relation to acquisition finance. This ensures she provides a complete picture to her approach to corporate transactions.
Laura's clients include a number of SMEs and financial institutions as well as private equity investors.
Recent experience includes:
- Advised the majority shareholder of Globalexpense Limited on the disposal of the entire issued share capital to Concur Holdings (Netherlands) B.V.
- Acted for the selling shareholders on the sale of Kotikan Limited to FanDuel Limited.
- Advised Murray Group Holdings Limited on a number of disposals, including the sale of Premier Hytemp Holdings Limited to Premier Hytemp Bidco Limited.
- Advised the main shareholders of Divex Limited on the sale of Divex Limited to James Fisher Marine Services Limited.
- Advised Dominion Hospitality, an affiliate of Stellex Capital Management, on the acquisition of The Chapman Group.
- Acted for the Scottish Loan Fund on their £5m investment in The GT4 Group Limited
- Advised Souter Investments LLP on various investments, including investments for the acquisition of Suominen Flexibles Packaging Business and Avalon Funeral Plans.
"Does very good-calibre work"
Chambers UK 2014
"Has attracted praise from various sources for her management of transactions"
Chambers UK 2014
- LLB Law Hons., University of Edinburgh
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh