Laura is a key member of the corporate team involved in a wide range of transactional corporate work and regularly advises companies from incorporation through to exit. Her particular focus is on private equity and corporate M&A having advised on numerous transactions in these areas.
As well as corporate transactional work, Laura has a wealth of experience in advising on joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and constitutional matters. In the past, Laura gained experience of financial work, having advised on many loan facilities, in particular in relation to acquisition finance. This ensures she provides a complete picture to her approach to corporate transactions.
Laura's clients include a number of SMEs and financial institutions as well as private equity investors.
Recent experience includes:
- Advised Cairngorm Capital on its acquisition of various companies to create National Timber Group and on its acquisition of Sentry Doors
- Advised the selling shareholders on the sale of Flow Hospitality Training Limited to a combined vehicle backed by Providence Equity
- Advised Crestline on its investment into a retail sector company to fund the purchase of a chain of retail units
- Advised the shareholders of Base Sports Limited on its sale to CAA
- Advised Vinoteca Limited on its investment by Gresham House
- Advised Souter Investments on the sale of First Scottish Group Limited
- Advised Rathbone Brothers plc on its acquisition of Speirs & Jeffrey Limited
- Acts for Ramsdens Financial in relation to various corporate acquisitions
"Does very good-calibre work"
Chambers UK 2014
"Has attracted praise from various sources for her management of transactions"
Chambers UK 2014
- LLB Law Hons., University of Edinburgh
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh