Jason started his legal career in Cape Town, where his focus was on private equity, mergers & acquisitions, restructurings, and joint ventures, before moving to Dublin, Ireland. He has advised a range of clients, from small startups to large private equity firms and banks, at all the stages of the deal life cycle, including expressions of interest, managing legal due diligence projects, drafting transaction documents, overseeing satisfaction of conditions precedent, closing, and post-deal portfolio maintenance. He has worked on both domestic and cross-border aspects of corporate transactions.
Jason also has considerable experience in assisting clients with their commercial projects, including licensing arrangements, service (and service level) agreements, distribution and supply agreements. More recently, he has advised clients on their global data protection compliance efforts, with a focus on the European Union and U.S. laws.
Jason has worked on transactions and projects in the digital, hospitality, education, FinTech, food and drink, consumer-facing retail, and manufacturing sectors, among others.
- University of Aberdeen, Scotland – Masters of Law (2021)
- University of Cape Town, South Africa – Bachelors of Law (2016)
- University of Cape Town, South Africa – Bachelor of Arts (2013)
- Professional Memberships
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe) – International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)