Judith advises trustees and employers of all aspects of pensions law, including scheme documentation, regulatory issues, trust law, scheme mergers, scheme funding, member disputes, member communications and the pensions aspects of corporate transactions.
Judith has particular expertise in investment matters, including advising on investment management agreements, fiduciary management agreements, custody agreements, ISDAs and buy-in and buy-out policies. She advises on a wide range of alternative investment funds and has experience of establishing co-investment vehicles and collaborative platforms. Representative experience includes:
- advising a £30 billion pensions client on the legal aspects of a wide range of investments, including hedge funds, infrastructure funds, private equity funds, private debt funds and timberland funds
- drafting and negotiating the terms of the national framework agreement for transition management services to the Local Government Pension Scheme, the first industry standard agreement of its type
- advising a consortium of ten large UK pension funds on the legal issues relating to the establishment of a collaborative platform to facilitate investment into infrastructure, pursuant to an agreement with HM Treasury
- advising a Local Government Pension Scheme client on the implementation of a £2.6 billion equity hedging strategy
- advising the trustees of a UK pension scheme on the terms of an ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Annex and the steps to be taken following the occurrence of an event of default