Katherine moved to Addleshaw Goddard two years ago, from Baker McKenzie, Brussels. Katherine’s practice focuses on EU and UK competition law. She advises on a wide range of issues including cartel investigations, horizontal and vertical agreements and state aid, with a particular focus on compliance in commercial arrangements and provision of training. Katherine’s relevant industry experience includes telecommunications, postal services, and retail sector mergers.
- Retail and consumer merger notification procedures, including advising Inspired Entertainment on its recent acquisition of part of Novomatic UK, and Terra Firma on its portfolio disposals of Wyevale Garden Centres.
- Creating and operating a compliance amnesty programme for a global chemical and technology company, particularly relating to newly acquired businesses in less developed jurisdictions. The programme covered antitrust, bribery and corruption across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a major UK regulated business in respect of an antitrust investigation by Ofcom, securing both leniency and immunity from fines.
- A three month secondment to British American Tobacco to support their M&A team during a contentious merger control procedure.
- Supporting Co-op Funeralcare with the CMA's market investigation into the funeral market.