Katherine’s practice focuses on EU and UK competition law. She advises on a wide range of issues including cartel investigations, horizontal and vertical agreements and subsidy control, with a particular focus on managing multi-jurisdictional merger control processes and advising on day-to-day behavioural compliance. Katherine’s relevant industry experience includes renewable energy, postal services, and retail sector mergers.
- Retail and consumer merger notification procedures, including advising Inspired Entertainment on its recent acquisition of part of Novomatic UK, and Terra Firma on its portfolio disposals of Wyevale Garden Centres
- Creating and operating a compliance amnesty programme for a global chemical and technology company, particularly relating to newly acquired businesses in less developed jurisdictions. The programme covered antitrust, bribery and corruption across multiple jurisdictions
- Advising a major UK regulated business in respect of an antitrust investigation by Ofcom, securing both leniency and immunity from fines
- A three month secondment to British American Tobacco to support their M&A team during a contentious merger control procedure
- Supporting Co-op Funeralcare with the CMA's market investigation into the funeral market.
- University of St Andrews – 2004 to 2007 – 2:1 MA International Relations and Social Anthropology
- Institute of Education, University of London – 2010 to 2011 – MA Leadership (TeachFirst)