Sarah is an experienced litigator for employer clients. She has appeared regularly in front of the Employment Tribunal in unfair dismissal and discrimination cases. This direct advocacy experience helps Sarah advise clients realistically on how their case is likely to fare, should it get to a full hearing. As a former trade unionist, Sarah also has direct experience of workplace disputes and is able to advise strategically and practically on these, as well as legally.
- Successfully defended a manufacturing client when a dismissed trade union rep who'd led an unofficial walkout, then claimed Interim Relief
- Provided training on collective matters and dealing with trade unions to the in-house team of a large retailerStrategic advice on threatened industrial action by fuel tanker drivers at a major logistics company
- Assisting numerous large employers with knotty ER cases including complex grievances and negotiated exits
- At a mediation, settled a multi strand harassment and discrimination claim from an existing employee within the budget agreed and ensuring their exit from the organisation
- Advised employers on transfers in and out of employees under TUPE.