Tom is a corporate finance managing associate with experience advising on complex domestic and cross border energy and infrastructure projects.
Tom has particular experience in Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Tom worked as a Legal Counsel at InfraCo Africa, an Africa-focussed infrastructure fund, advising on a range of early stage energy and infrastructure projects across the continent.
Tom's recent experience includes advising:
- InfraCo Africa on its Development Funding Agreement with the developers of Bumbuna II, a 143 MW hydropower project under development in Sierra Leone.
- InfraCo Africa on its investment by way of convertible notes in Zembo, an electric motorcycle and battery pack provider in Uganda.
- InfraCo Africa on its investment in the East Africa Marine Transport project, a scheduled roll-on/roll-off freight transport service across Lake Victoria.
- InfraCo Africa on its $27m investment in InfraCredit Nigeria, a Nigerian credit guarantee institution providing Naira-denominated guarantees.
- InfraCo Africa on its $10m anchor investment in the Acorn D-REIT and I-REIT in Nairobi, Kenya, launched to fund Acorn's development of a portfolio of high quality purpose-built student accommodation in Nairobi.
- University of Law – LPC and LLM (2015)
- University of Law – GDL (2014)
- University of Nottingham – BA Politics (2013)