Having trained with the firm, Laura specialises in private client, trusts and charity law.
Her experience includes:
- Advising high net worth individuals on lifetime tax planning, the preparation of Wills and establishment of trusts, preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and deputyship applications;
- Advising executors, trustees and beneficiaries on the administration of trusts and estates, including the duties of trustees and executors;
- The establishment of new charities, incorporation of existing charities, changes to existing governing documents and the legal and practical advice regarding the duties of charity trustees;
- The establishment of trading subsidiaries and advice regarding the relationship between a charity and its trading subsidiary;
- Advising both charities trustees and corporate entities in dealings with each other, including land and banking transactions involving charities, commercial participation and professional fundraising, charity litigation and insolvency.