Having trained with the firm, Laura qualified into the firm's Private Capital team in 2013 and was promoted to the role of Managing Associate in 2019.
Laura specialises in private client, trust and charity law and acts for a broad range of clients including high and ultra-high net worth individuals, trustees, charities (of a variety of structures and sizes), corporate institutions and banks.
Her private client and trust law experience includes:
- Advising high (and ultra-high) net worth individuals on lifetime tax planning, the preparation of Wills and establishment of trusts and preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advising executors on the administration of estates, including those with cross border and contentious aspects
- Advising trustees on the administration of trusts and their powers, discretions and duties as trustees, including trusts with complex asset holdings such as private company shares (minority and majority interests), commercial loans and agricultural property and issues such as beneficiary education and engagement
- Advising beneficiaries of estates and trusts on their legal rights in relation to the provision of information and enforcing proper administration by executors and trustees
- Preparation and submission of estate and trust accounts and tax returns and liaising with HM Revenue & Customs
Her charity law experience includes:
- The establishment of new charities, incorporation of existing charities, changes to existing governing documents and legal and practical advice regarding the duties of charity trustees
- The establishment of charity trading subsidiaries and advice regarding the relationship between a charity and its trading subsidiary
- Advising both charities trustees and corporate entities in dealings with each other, including land and banking transactions involving charities, commercial participation and professional fundraising, charity litigation and insolvency
- Liaising the Charity Commission in relation to registration applications, schemes and Serious Incident Reporting
- Professional Memberships
- Charity Law Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners