Joe is an Associate in the Finance team. He has worked on a number of cross-border transactions, representing both sponsors and large investment banks. He has particular experience in leveraged finance.
Joe's experience includes:
- Acting for a Czech private equity fund as borrower for a €750 million and CZK250 million emergency liquidity funding as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Acting for a Canadian-based investment bank in relation to the financing of a private equity fund’s £261 million share purchase of a US-based insurance underwriting and broking support services provider.
- Acting for a US-based investment bank as lender for a HUF16.9 billion and €20 million loan facility to a private equity fund as part of its planned acquisition of a Hungarian online insurance portal.
- Acting for a US-based investment bank as lender for a €125 million loan facility to a Scandinavian private equity fund for its acquisition of a German-based ophthalmology group, which then progressed to include two further bolt-on acquisitions in each of Switzerland and the Netherlands.
- Acting as part of a team of associates and partners in conducting a review of all of the leveraged loans of a New York based investment bank to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.