Claire is a partner and solicitor advocate who joined the team in 2022. Claire has significant experience in commercial litigation specialising in commercial property disputes and insolvency litigation. Claire regularly appears in the Court of Session and various Sheriff Courts across Scotland. Claire is commercial, focused and works hard to deliver impact under pressure.
Key highlights to date include:
- Part of the team advising the Joint Administrators of East West Insurance Company Limited (In Administration) with respect to structural defect claims received by the company from its policyholders. This is the first insolvency of an insurance book of this kind.
- Defending and raising proceedings in connection with the validity of break notices (Batt Cables plc v Spencer Business Parks Limited 2010 SLT 860/RPS RE II A LLP v CBS Outdoor Limited  CSOH 7/Arlington Business Parks GP and Another v Scottish and Newcastle Limited)
- Advising clients and surveyors in connection with the negotiation and settlement of dilapidations claims (e.g. Moor Row Limited v DWF LLP/Peel Property Intermediate Limited/McColls)
- Acting as junior Council on behalf of the Law Society of Scotland in an appeal concerning the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission's adjudication of complaints.
- Defending and raising a number of proceedings in connection with breach of missives.