Sam qualified into the structured finance team of another international law firm, where I worked on a wide range of structured finance transactions, gaining experience advising issuers, arrangers, trustees and agents.
Sam spent 9 months on secondment with Deutsche Bank, working in the Transaction Management Group of the corporate trusts team. He worked within the business as they acted in a variety of transaction roles including trustee, security agent, account bank and paying agent.
Since joining the Debt Capital Markets team at Addleshaw Goddard, representative matters include the following:
- Assisting on debt capital markets transactions including private placements and liability management.
- Acting for issuers, investors, noteholder representatives and security trustees with a focus on transactions within the social housing sector.
Highlights include having:
- advised the purchasers in relation to a private placement of notes issued by a London borough;
- advised an NHS Foundation Trust in their capacity as the issuer of privately placed notes; and
- advised a noteholder in connection with the transfer of their entire book of notes to affiliate entities.