Fraser has over 20 years' experience advising insolvency practitioners, clearing banks, financial institutions and other stakeholders on all aspects of under-performing or distressed corporates. He has advised organisations across a variety of sectors, including haulage and logistics, construction, printing, hotels and leisure and healthcare. Recent company side mandates include advising in the retail & consumer and infrastructure sectors.
Recently, mandates include: -
- Acting for PWC as administrators of Evans Cycles having advised the Board of Directors for several months prior to its eventual sale to Sports Direct Plc (for which the team has been nominated for Corporate Rescue of the Year – Legal Team in the 2019 TRI Awards)
- Advising KPMG as administrators of HMV
- Advising Crew Clothing upon its acquisition of Saltrock
- Advising the Board of Directors of AIM listed Utilitywise Plc in connection with its regulatory obligations and in connection with a distressed AMA process
- Advising the syndicate of lenders on the restructuring of the Carewatch Group alongside Grant Thornton (short-listed for Large Corporate Rescue of the year in the 2019 TRI Awards)
Fraser is ranked in both The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners and noted for working primarily with banks, lenders and insolvency practitioners.
"Fraser Ritson guided the board through a very difficult and prolonged period of stress and distress, including moving the company into administration. He navigated the director issues with real skill and understanding, including dealing with complex financial arrangements with the lenders. He is absolutely my go-to choice for director issues in stressed and distressed situations. He is well liked by lenders and other law firms, which really helped."
Fraser Ritson "makes himself available, has a good grasp of detail and provided practical advice," according to one client, who adds that he "goes above and beyond."
'Experienced and driven' co-head Fraser Ritson has recently received a significant number of instructions from boards of directors of troubled companies, including from Evans Cycles.
- Professional memberships
- The Insolvency Lawyers’ Association