Fraser leads the London Restructuring team and has 25 years' experience advising insolvency practitioners, clearing banks, financial institutions, and other stakeholders on all aspects of under-performing or distressed corporates. He has advised in relation to distress in organisations across a variety of sectors, including haulage and logistics, construction, hotels and leisure, shopping centres and retail malls, and most recently in the energy sector.
Fraser's experience includes:
- acting Crocus.co.uk - the biggest gardening website in the UK upon its acquisition from its administrators of the business and assets of Primrose.co.uk, a £40m turnover business previously owned by Luke Johnson's Risk Capital Partners.
- acting for Interpath Advisory as administrators of Recycling Technologies Group Plc.
- acting for the Senior Lenders on Project Dogma the restructuring of an International group of manufacturing businesses.
- acting for Interpath Advisory as administrators of the Contract Natural Gas group of companies, the largest independent gas shipper in the UK. and in connection with applications of the officeholders of certain failed energy suppliers applied to the High Court for directions as to the nature and provability of certain liabilities owed to creditors (including a renewables obligation owed to OFGEM). See: Re Utility Point Limited and Ors  EWHC 2826 (Ch).
- acting for A&M as administrators of the Aurora Group – an international lighting business, and the subsequent sale of various of its subsidiary undertakings in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Over the years Fraser has contributed various articles to Restructuring and Insolvency publications and journals.
"Fraser Ritson has excellent insolvency knowledge and is able to balance this with his astute commercial acumen."
"He is very practical and brings a commercial lens that's very helpful. He's also very responsive."
"Fraser Ritson provides ‘commercially pragmatic and very responsive’ advice to a range of stakeholders, primarily on domestic mandates."
Legal 500 2023
"Fraser Ritson guided the board through a very difficult and prolonged period of stress and distress, including moving the company into administration. He navigated the director issues with real skill and understanding, including dealing with complex financial arrangements with the lenders. He is absolutely my go-to choice for director issues in stressed and distressed situations. He is well liked by lenders and other law firms, which really helped."
Fraser Ritson "makes himself available, has a good grasp of detail and provided practical advice," according to one client, who adds that he "goes above and beyond."
'Experienced and driven' co-head Fraser Ritson has recently received a significant number of instructions from boards of directors of troubled companies, including from Evans Cycles.