Catherine is an extremely experienced commercial litigator. For over 20 years she has advised clients on high level disputes which are often factually and legally complex across a range of sectors defining strategy and guiding clients through the litigation process. She has acted in a number of high profile and high value disputes in the Chancery Division, Business and Property Courts and has successfully represented clients in the Court of Appeal. She also has considerable experience of alternative forms of dispute resolution including mediation and expert determination.
Catherine's experience includes:
- Acting for a leading outsourcing company in a dispute with a local authority following the termination of a long term agreement;
- Acting for the vendor of a travel company in a dispute relating to the earn out consideration payable under the SPA; the dispute involved an injunction, trial on the issue of rectification in the Chancery Division (and appeal to the Court of Appeal), expert determination and mediation;
- Acting for a Liverpool company and its Nigerian subsidiary in a multimillion pound claim for damages for breach of contract in respect of the supply of generators in Nigeria;
- Acting for two property development companies in a multimillion pound claim for damages for professional negligence;
- Acting for a construction company in an expert determination following a claim for damages for breach of contract.
- University of Wales, Aberystwyth, LLB(Hons), 1995
- College of Law, Diploma in Legal Practice with Distinction, 1996