Leonora is a Corporate Partner with over 30 years’ experience in corporate transactions. She specialises in mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and cross-border transactional work for private companies.
Leonora has advised on numerous large-scale share and asset purchases, advising both purchasers and sellers and carrying out Due Diligence for both sell and purchase sides of transactions. She also advises clients on company law and corporate governance compliance, including directors loans, purchase of own shares and capital maintenance and all aspects arising under company law in respect of Private Companies
Leonora was Head of the Corporate Department until 2018 and sat on the Firm’s Management Board for ten years.
Recent Experience includes advising:
- The MBO team of Drury Communications on an MBO of the issued shares in Drury Communications from an Irish subsidiary of the Omnicom Group.
- The Mercantile Group, one of Ireland’s largest pub and restaurant businesses on its various acquisitions and disposals over a number of years.
- Samworth Brothers, a leading British food manufacturer, in respect of its acquisition of a majority stake in the Freshways group.
- Advancis Software, on corporate transactions.
- A large international Retail Group on several domestic mergers.
- Edmundson Electrical Ireland Limited and EWL Electric Limited businesses in Ireland as well as Access Plastics Limited which is part of the Vink Holdings BV European Business.
Representative Clients Include: Sonder Hospitality, Clear Channel, Moduslink, Inditex, Homefocus, Drury Communications, RTE, Edmundson Electrical.
"Leonora has advised us for many years...we value her experience, knowledge and expertise greatly. She is also a very good negotiator on our behalf."
Legal 500 EMEA, 2023
"Leonora is a wonderful corporate lawyer who we greatly value as our key advisor."
Chambers Europe, 2023
"Unapologetic about the pursuit of result for her client. Steadfast in her advice, practical and trustworthy...We continue to hold Leonora in the highest esteem."
Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
“Leonora is incredibly organised and really strong at getting her points across.”
Chambers Europe, 2022
“…The highly experienced Leonora Malone…Leonora has many years experience of company/commercial and corporate finance law.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
“The very experienced Leonora Malone acts for clients on strategic acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings.”
Chambers Europe, 2021
“Leonora has extensive experience in M&A, restructuring and cross-border transactions.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
“Leonora is extraordinarily good on detail and very thorough.”
Chambers Europe, 2020
“Leonora is praised for her outstanding advice on complex corporate merger issues”
Legal 500, 2019
“The utterly committed Leonora Malone is extremely hard-working, determined, supportive and friendly”
Chambers Europe, 2019
Sources value that Leonora Malone is “very calm in heated situations and a good source of advice in difficult circumstances,” describing her as “good at dealing with complex issues.”
Chambers Europe, 2018
- Professional Memberships
Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1989
- Diploma of Legal Studies (1985)
- B.A. Hons. (1984) University College Dublin
- Do your Directors have early warning tools available to them?
- How a Mistaken CRO Filing can Become a Sensitive Business Issue >
- Extension of Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Act 2020 to Support Businesses >
- Execution of Corporate Documents: Tips on Execution Remotely >
- New Disclosure Requirements for Certain Types of Partnerships >
- Covid-19: Implications for Businesses >
- New Scope for Cross-Border Mergers - What Does it Mean for Restructurings? (Ireland)