Jamie is a partner and Head of the Business Support and Restructuring team in Scotland. Jamie has over 15 years experience in the finance and restructuring market and specialises in insolvency, turnaround and corporate restructuring. Jamie is dual qualified (in Scotland, England and Wales). Jamie acts for a number of funds and all major banks on restructuring and recovery instructions.
- Acted for the Funder and then the LPA Receivers in relation to the £90m restructure and insolvency of an Irish Property Unit Trust.
- Acted for the Trustee in Sequestration of a Scottish Limited Partnership that owned a Retail Park in central Scotland. Jamie initially provided pre insolvency advice then implemented an innovative solution which allowed the Lender and the Trustee in Sequestration to exit, in a manner that maximised value for creditors.
- Acted for a Lender in their restructure and exit from a £200m Shopping Centre in central Scotland.
- Acted for a UK bank in a restructure of seven companies across the UK, through pre-pack insolvencies. This included advising the bank on an equity stake in the new companies through share warrants and property participation agreements.
- Provided the lenders of eight property companies based in the UK and Isle of Man with a pre-insolvency strategy which was then successfully implemented to take control of the group including an Opco/Propco structure which secured debt in region of £30m.
"Leader in his field."
Legal 500 (2016)
"Jamie McIntosh has significant experience working on a range of insolvency, turnaround and corporate restructuring matters across Scotland, England and Wales. Clients rate his approachability, experience and ability to keep it simple."
"Jamie McIntosh is singled out for his availability, approachability, flexibility and expertise."
Legal 500 (2013)
"Jamie McIntosh specialises in real estate sector restructurings, distressed portfolio transactions and related matters. He is very personable and highly motivated, says one source, while another interviewee describes him as very experienced, a calming influence and very pragmatic."
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority
- University of Dundee, LLB (Hons) Law
- University of Edinburgh), Diploma in Legal Practice (1997-1998)
- Year qualified - 2000