Jamie is a partner and Head of the Restructuring team in Scotland. Jamie specialises in all aspects of insolvency, turnaround and corporate restructuring.
He is dual qualified in Scotland and England, has over 16 years experience in the finance and restructuring market.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising Caledonian Marine Asset Limited ("CMAL") in relation to the administration of Ferguson Marine Engineering Limited ("FMEL"). CMAL was awaiting the delivery of two duel fuel diesel and liquefied natural gas ships for their fleet of vessels servicing the Scottish Highlands and Islands. FMEL owned the last shipyard on the Clyde and were the builders of the two vessels. We advised CMAL on the impact of the insolvency of FMEL and developed an innovative strategy with the other key stakeholders in order to preserve value for our client but also rescue the business of FMEL. We developed a strategy that kept the ship yard open but also protected the other stakeholders. Our strategy allowed for an interim management period and then the Nationalisation of the yard.
- Jamie acted for CNIM Groupe in the restructure and subsequent acquisition of the business and assets of Clugston Construction Limited. CNIM design and build energy from waste projects and have used Clugston as a civil contractor and joint venture partner. We were initially instructed to provide the administrators with pre-insolvency contingency advice. Following the deterioration of Clugston's business administrators were appointed and we advised on the acquisition of the business and assets of Clugston to CNIM. This allowed CNIM to continue work on 5 key EfW projects and save over 100 jobs.
- Jamie advised KPMG as administrators of Kast Retail Limited (part of the Quiz Clothing Group). The business and assets of the company were sold as part of a pre-pack administration. This resulted in the rescue of approx. 900 jobs across approx. 80 retail units during the COVID-19 lockdown period
- Year Qualified
- French - good command
- Spanish - good command
- University of Dundee, LLB (Hons) Law
- University of Edinburgh), Diploma in Legal Practice (1997-1998)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority
"Leader in his field."
Legal 500 (2016)
"Jamie McIntosh has significant experience working on a range of insolvency, turnaround and corporate restructuring matters across Scotland, England and Wales. Clients rate his approachability, experience and ability to keep it simple."
"Jamie McIntosh is singled out for his availability, approachability, flexibility and expertise."
Legal 500 (2013)
"Jamie McIntosh specialises in real estate sector restructurings, distressed portfolio transactions and related matters. He is very personable and highly motivated, says one source, while another interviewee describes him as very experienced, a calming influence and very pragmatic."