Jake is an Associate in the Commercial Disputes team, where he qualified in September 2016 after training with the firm. He has experience advising clients on regulatory investigations and a range of complex commercial disputes, including claims for breach of contract and applications for urgent injunctive relief.
Jake regularly advises on substantial multi-jurisdictional competition law disputes for both claimants and defendants, including both 'standalone' and 'follow-on' damages claims relating to anti-competitive agreements and abuse of dominance.
- Representing the NKT group in the defence of three separate 'follow-on' damages claims in the English High Court (one of which was amongst The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2020), including challenges to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Acting for the Office Depot group in two competition 'follow-on' damages claims, including the successful defence of a jurisdiction challenge in the English High Court and of related proceedings for declaratory relief in the Swedish courts which was appealed to the Swedish Supreme Court.
- Advising Co-operative Group Limited in connection with its 2018 regulatory investigation by the Grocery Code Adjudicator.
- Advising a Spanish hotel group on substantial breach of contract claim relating to a €93 million corporate transaction, including the successful defence of a challenge to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Advising a FTSE100 airline group on an application for urgent injunctive relief, and its defence of a damages claim for breach of contract.
- Representing Stansted Airport Limited in the successful defence of a 'standalone' competition damages claim for abuse of a dominant position, and separate judicial review proceedings.