Siobhan acts on behalf of a broad spectrum of clients involved on the construction law aspects of building projects, providing advice on a full range of issues within the industry, both contentious and non-contentious.
Siobhan’s non-contentious practice involves the drafting, review and analysis of complex contracts and the provision of advice and guidance to clients involved in intricate contractual arrangements on construction projects. She is familiar with all standard forms of building contract in common use in Irish projects, and regularly drafts, reviews and advises on bespoke conditions of contract and all ancillary and related documents suitable for individual projects.
On the contentious side, Siobhan is an experienced seasoned litigator in the construction field and is practiced in commonly used dispute resolution processes from advising on negotiation strategy and dispute avoidance measures, through to acting as advocate and advisor in all dispute resolution fora both informal – mediation and conciliation – and formal - expert determination, adjudication, arbitration and High Court proceedings. With over 20 years of practice in advising clients on construction projects, Siobhan brings a wealth of experience to her advice to clients on strategy, on procedure and on engagement should a dispute arise.
Involvement in construction law has inevitably meant exposure to the public procurement of works contracts, as well as to the regulatory and compliance issues which arise during both the planning and construction phases of a project. Siobhan has been involved in comprehensive reviews of individual competitions, and the circumstances of awards as well as advising clients in respect of the procurement process.
Siobhan has developed and delivered a range of presentations at various conferences throughout Ireland and is currently Lecturer and Examiner in Contract and Tort on a post graduate Project Management course run by the Engineering Department of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland in 1990
- BA Mod Leg Sci, Trinity College Dublin
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland and the Society of Construction Lawyers
- Publications & Webinars
- Siobhan Kenny was pleased to take part in the Construction Industry Federation (CIF)’s recent webinar series. Siobhan discussed contractual positions those in the industry may find themselves in, as a result of COVID-19. For further information please click here.
- SEO Appeal: Hearing Date Fixed - 15 February 2021 >
- SEO Judgement - Further Judgement of Mr Justice Simons 31 July 2020 >
- Sectoral Employment Orders - Finding of Unconstitutionality >
- Covid-19: Construction Contracts >