David leads the corporate team in Scotland. He has significant experience in corporate and banking work, including M&A, investment, corporate finance and acquisition finance. David has a broad range of clients including the leading UK banks, private companies, equity investors and SMEs.
His expertise includes the oil and gas sector, particularly advising oilfield supply and service companies. Prior to joining the firm, David worked as in-house counsel at BP in Aberdeen.
- Advising First Scottish Group, a company controlled by Souter Investments, on the divestment to DX of its First Post and Legal Post businesses.
- Advising a listed Danish business on a UK joint venture.
- Advising Housing Growth Partnership on investments it has made with housing developer Duchy Homes and others.
- Advising Panoramic Growth Equity in relation to its investments into Edesix, Captify Media and Concorde Solutions.
- Advising a MacGregor company (a subsidiary of the Finnish listed business Cargotec) on its acquisition of a majority stake in oil and gas technology business Flintstone Technology.
"Leader in his field"
Chambers UK, 2017
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- LLB Law, University of Edinburgh
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh
- Rijksuniversiteit, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Year qualified - 1997