David leads the corporate team in Scotland. He has significant experience in corporate and banking work, including M&A, private equity and investment work. David has a broad range of clients including leading UK banks, UK and non-UK companies together with private equity investors and their investee companies.
With a particular focus on private equity, David has worked with clients across many sectors including financial services, energy, industrials and retail and consumer. Prior to joining the firm, David worked as in-house counsel at BP in Aberdeen.
- Advising Cairngorm Capital in connection with its investee company National Timber Group and its acquisitions of Thornbridge Sawmills, NY Timber, Rembrand Timber and Arnold Laver
- Advising activpayroll on the significant investment into it by Tenzing Private Equity
- Advising Souter Investments in connection with a number of its investments including First Group and Coachhire
- Advising a listed Danish business on a UK joint venture and multiple acquisitions
- Advising Housing Growth Partnership on investments it has made with a number of UK housing developers
- Advising Panoramic Growth Equity in relation to investments into a number of its portfolio companies
- Advising Commsworld Holdings on the significant investment into it by LDC
- Year Qualified
- LLB Law, University of Edinburgh
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh
- Rijksuniversiteit, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
LEGAL 500, 2020
"He is easy to work with, good at building rapport with the client and gives clear and well-structured advice"
Chambers UK, 2019
"A respected lawyer who is good to deal with… strong instincts and good knowledge"
Chambers UK, 2018
"Leader in his field"
Chambers UK, 2017