David specialises in corporate and commercial law including corporate finance, acquisitions and disposals, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts and private equity deals. He is qualified in both England and Scotland.
David has experience of a wide range of industry sectors including metals, real estate, hospitality, manufacturing, sports, energy, financial services, technology and outsourcing. Having worked in-house for over 18 years, David also has a good understanding of other areas of legal practice, including employment and real estate.
David was named Corporate Lawyer of the Year at the 2005 Law Awards of Scotland.
- Advised Stellex Capital Partners in relation to its investment into Dominion Hospitality and the acquisition of The Chapman Group and Saviour Inns which operate hotels, inns and pubs in the South of England.
- Advised Harwood Real Estate in relation to the acquisition of a £156million residential property portfolio held in a SPV.
- Advised Murray International Holdings in relation to the disposal of Apollo Metals to Thyssen Krupp for £85 million; the acquisition of Hillfoot Steel Group for £32 million; and the disposal of Murray International Metals for £105 million.
- Advised Murray international Holdings in relation to the disposal of Premier Hytemp (oil and gas engineering), Murray Estates (development properties) and Response (contact centres).
- Advised FNZ in connection with numerous high value fintech services agreements with banks and other financial institutions
"David Horne has considerable experience advising on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and investment work. Clients say he's a very sound, experienced lawyer with a wide breadth of knowledge. He looks beyond the task at hand and is good at getting things done."
Chambers UK, Individual Ranking 2016
"Leader in his field"
Legal 500 2016
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Law Society of England and Wales
- LLB (Hons, First Class)) Law, University of Aberdeen
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 1987