David specialises in corporate and commercial law including corporate finance, acquisitions and disposals, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts and private equity deals. He is qualified in both England and Scotland.
David has experience of a wide range of industry sectors including metals, real estate, hospitality, manufacturing, sports, energy, financial services, technology and outsourcing. Having worked in-house for over 18 years, David also has a good understanding of other areas of legal practice, including employment and real estate.
David was named Corporate Lawyer of the Year at the 2005 Law Awards of Scotland.
- Platform services agreements involving £billion plus assets under administration and collaboration agreements for FNZ in the fintech sector
- Advising on the acquisition of PRS portfolio holding SPVs for Baumont Real Estate Capital and Europa Real Estate with assets values in excess of £70m
- Advising Waterloo Hub Hotel on its acquisition of "Days Inn Hotel" in Waterloo, London
- Advising Scotia Gas Networks on joint venture agreements in relation to residential, build to rent and commercial development
- Advising Murray Metals on disposals and acquisitions in the metals sector
- Advising the shareholders of Waracle, a mobile app developer for the financial services sector on the disposal of shares in the company and an investment into the company by BGF
"David Horne has considerable experience advising on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and investment work. Clients say he's a very sound, experienced lawyer with a wide breadth of knowledge. He looks beyond the task at hand and is good at getting things done."
Chambers UK, Individual Ranking 2016
"Leader in his field"
Legal 500 2016
Chambers UK 2019
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Law Society of England and Wales
- LLB (Hons, First Class)) Law, University of Aberdeen
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 1987