David has more than 30 years' experience of advising on corporate transactions and commercial agreements, 18 of which were as General Counsel in a privately owned group of companies with a diverse range of businesses. This experience means that David appreciates transactions from the client's perspective. He has a reputation for taking a pragmatic approach and providing commercial advice. David continues to specialise in corporate M&A (including share and business acquisitions and disposals), investment transactions, joint ventures and commercial agreements (including IP and IT licences). He regularly advises clients in connection with corporate transactions and joint ventures in the Real Estate sector. He is a member of our Advanced Manufacturing and Digital Sector groups and holds practising certificates in both Scotland and England and Wales.
David's recent experience includes:
- acting for the shareholders of Waracle Limited, a mobile apps developer, in relation to an investment by Business Growth Fund.
- acting for FNZ (UK) Limited, a wealth management platform provider, in relation to the acquisition of iProtect Technologies, a fintech platform developer, and in relation to FNZ's platform development and services agreements with financial services firms.
- acting for Europa Real Estate in connection with its investments in UK PRS properties.
- acting for Baumont Real Estate Capital in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of PRS properties.
- acting for IP Investment Management (HK) Ltd in connection with investments in UK PRS, student accommodation and hotel developments.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Law Society of England and Wales
"David Horne has considerable experience advising on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and investment work. Clients say he's a very sound, experienced lawyer with a wide breadth of knowledge. He looks beyond the task at hand and is good at getting things done."
Chambers UK, Individual Ranking 2016
"Leader in his field"
Legal 500 2016
Chambers UK 2019