Will has over 8 years' experience of complex and high value international litigation and investigations having acted for listed and private companies, auditors, insolvency practitioners, investment banks, hedge funds, offshore vehicles and high net worth individuals in a wide range of disputes including some of the world's biggest and most high-profile fraudulent schemes.
Having practised in both the UK and in the British Virgin Islands, Will has an excellent working knowledge of offshore structures and the various ways in which offshore vehicles are used by onshore corporations and joint ventures.
Will's experience includes:
- Acting for big four auditors in various FRC investigations following the discovery of financial statement frauds in the accounts of audit clients.
- Acting for liquidators and creditors in the unwinding of fraudulent investment funds which were operated as Ponzi schemes including in a $5 Billion claim against a retail bank which had been providing correspondent banking services to a fraudulent fund.
- Acting for a national government in its investigation of fraud, corruption and embezzlement by a former prime minister.
- Leading an investigation into allegations of systemic corruption and Bribery Act violations within the Chinese supply chain of a UK retail corporation including onsite audits throughout mainland China.
- Acting for a major crypto currency exchange in relation to allegations of fraud following market volatility and flash crashes.
- Acting for a fund manager in a multi-jurisdiction high value dispute with a fund client flowing from a complex investment which was alleged to have breached an investment management agreement.
- Acting for creditors and shareholders following the discovery of financial statement fraud within a listed pharmaceutical corporation.
- Acting for major investment banks in relation to disputes arising from defaults under ISDA master agreements.
- Acting for shareholders in various disputes and unfair prejudice proceedings including disputes flowing from the discovery of fraud within private organisations and joint ventures.