Bill is a Partner in the commercial dispute resolution/litigation team. He specialises in heavyweight disputes and has particular expertise in the management and resolution of procurement challenges, major IT project disputes, shareholder disputes, claims arising from the sale and purchase of businesses and the resolution of large-scale business-critical supply/joint venture (JV) disputes.
Bill has an enviable track record of success in litigation and arbitration, together with all forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including expert determination, negotiation and mediation.
He acts for national and international clients and has considerable experience of advising both private and public bodies in a range of sectors, including health, transport, retail, utilities and technology.
- Recent experience
Bill's recent experience includes:
- Acting for a wide variety of contracting authorities and utilities, as well as bidder clients on procurement challenges and achieving successful outcomes, by way of negotiation, strike out/summary judgment and swift partial re-run (most recently Cemex UK Operations Limited v Network Rail Infrastructure Limited (2017))
- Assisting IT suppliers and customer organisations on resolving large-scale disputes with under-licensing (direct/indirect use/access), IT outsourcing, changes in specification/scope, project delivery delays and performance failures, using escalated dispute resolution processes, negotiation, mediation, expert determination, arbitration and court proceedings (most recently SAP UK Limited v Diageo Great Britain Ltd (2017))
- Advising private and public sector organisations on complex and/or critical issues, including the management, renegotiation, default and termination of major contractual relationships
- Resolving high-value corporate/commercial disputes, often involving completion account and warranty claims, JV issues, shareholder actions (including unfair prejudice/minority shareholder disputes), partnership fall outs and commercial agents and distributor terminations
- Dealing with several high-profile judicial reviews in a number of sectors
- Professional memberships
- Law Society
- The Society for Computers and Law