Victoria works with a broad range of clients, including FTSE 100 companies and SMEs, providing practical and commercially focussed advice on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues.
This includes providing strategic and operational advice on all aspects of employee management, such as business restructures, change management, performance and attendance management, employment contracts, settlement agreements, disciplinary and grievance issues and Tribunal claims.
Victoria has a particular specialism in employment litigation, having acted for key clients of the firm in numerous complex High Court and Employment Tribunal cases, including restrictive covenant and breach of confidentiality proceedings and high value discrimination and whistleblowing claims with significant reputational risk.
Victoria also has extensive in-house experience from secondments at a major commercial airline and a global energy business which has provided her with first-hand experience of the challenges faced by in-house lawyers and HR professionals and the pragmatic, commercially-focussed, advice business stakeholders require.
Examples of notable work include:
- Successfully defending a major retail business in relation to a complex and high value claim for equal pay, whistleblowing, sex and disability discrimination brought by a senior executive.
- Issuing injunctive proceedings to enforce restrictive covenants and negotiating a successful resolution for a recruitment business.
- Advising a major commercial airline on its post-acquisition integration of another airline.
- Advising a multinational beverages company on the break-up of various connected joint ventures with two breweries in South Africa.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association