Katie is an Associate (Barrister) in the Global Investigations team, whose practice focuses on corporate crime and private prosecutions. She joined the team in January 2024, having previously practised at the independent bar at a leading criminal set from 2020.
Katie has a range of experience representing both the prosecution and defence at all stages of criminal proceedings, including acting in complex multi-handed cases involving general crime and financial wrongdoing. She also has experience in proceeds of crime proceedings, including cash forfeiture and account freezing applications. Her work has often featured multi-agency and cross-border elements.
Katie's recent experience includes:
- Representing a defendant at trial as junior counsel in relation to a multi-million pound international drugs and cigarette smuggling operation.*
- Appearing as junior counsel for the prosecution in a complex six-handed money laundering case, involving cross-border evidence and foreign banking regimes.*
- Acting for the prosecution as disclosure counsel in an eight-handed high-value drugs conspiracy, following an extensive investigation by the NCA and the Metropolitan Police.*
*Experience prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard
- The University of Sheffield, Law with German LLB (2016)
- BPP University, Bar Professional Training Course (2018)
- Professional Memberships
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- The Criminal Bar Association
- Women in Criminal Law