Alex has over 17 years' experience as a banking and finance lawyer advising banks, debt funds, direct lenders, private equity sponsors and financial institutions on leveraged finance transactions.
Alex has spent time on secondment to the leveraged finance and corporate teams of leading UK lenders and his clients include many of the most active participants in the London leveraged finance market including, the Alcentra, Bank of Ireland, Barings, Dunport Capital, ECI Capital Partners, HSBC Mid-Market Sponsors, Lloyds Acquisition Finance, Inflexion Private Equity Partners LLP, RBS Sponsor finance team and Santander.
Alex leads the firm's sponsor finance practice which has seen considerable growth and success over recent years. He and the firm have established Addleshaw Goddard's sponsor finance practice as one of the most active in the London mid-market.
Alex and the sponsor finance practice are up to date with market structures such as super senior facilities, first-out, second lien, unitranche and TLB facilities and are well known for their thorough and commercial approach.
- Acting for Dunport Capital as term lender on facilities for finance the buyout of a shipping business.
- Acting for Santander and Bank of Ireland on the refinancing of the Loungers group in connection with Loungers’ AIM flotation.
- Acting for Telemos Capital in relation to debt facilities to finance the acquisition of Love Honey.
- Acting for Alcentra on unitranche facilities to support the refinancing of the Synova owned Fairstone Group, on facilities to support the ECI acquisition of Clear Investments and also acting for Alcentra on facilities for the financing of Corpacq Limited, a North-West investment company.
- Acting for Allied Irish Bank & Clydesdale Bank – acting for the club of lenders on the financing of an acquisition by a UK Sponsor of a specialist care and education group.
Alex Dumphy is well regarded for his leveraged finance expertise. He acts for a variety of lender clients in addition to funds and corporates. Clients note: "He is very good, very commercial and he knows the market inside out. He has a good understanding of our sensitivities and focuses on what we care about for a more efficient process."