Alex has more than 11 years' experience as a banking and finance lawyer, advising major banks, financial institutions and private equity sponsors in connection with leveraged finance facilities for management buy-outs, including senior debt facilities, unitranche funding, TLB facilities and super senior facilities.
He has also spent time on secondment to the acquisition finance and corporate teams of leading UK banks and his clients include: HSBC Bank plc, Alcentra, Bank of Ireland, ECI Partners and Inflexion Private Equity Partners LLP.
Alex’s recent deals include acting:
- For the lender on an underwritten debt package to support the secondary MBO of a clinical testing business
- For the private equity sponsor on the financing of the secondary MBO of Evans Cycles
- For the private equity backed company on the unitranche and super senior facilities to recapitalise the CloserStill Group
- For a major clearing bank on the financing of the MBO and capex roll-out on two separate restaurant chains
- For Alcentra and a major clearing bank on first out facilities to recapitalise the private equity sponsor owned BIMM Music Schools Group
- The University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (now Newcastle University) - LLB (Hons) Law