Kelly is recognised by the Law Society of Scotland as an Accredited Specialist in both in employment law and in discrimination law. She is an experienced employment lawyer with a background in working on employment tribunal claims for both employees and employers, as well as being a former lecturer on Discrimination and Equality Law at Robert Gordon University. She advises on TUPE, workforce restructuring, discrimination, severance negotiations, settlement agreements and restrictive covenants, as well as disciplinary, performance and ill health management. She also provides training at specialist seminars for HR professionals.
- Advised on a wide variety of employment tribunal claims including whistleblowing, redundancy, discrimination and unfair dismissal
- Advised a housing association on issues including unfair dismissal and disability discrimination
- Assisted with TUPE and employment aspects during the purchase of a Scottish airport
- Assisted with advice for various public and private bodies, including on discrimination, equal pay whistleblowing and unfair dismissal
- Provided redundancy support for a variety of clients including financial companies and charities.
“Kelly was extremely responsive to our charity’s needs. HR can be daunting, time-consuming and complex for a small charity but we felt reassured as Kelly safely guided us throughout the process and dealt with all our queries promptly. As a result we were able to conclude our work in a timely manner, without any complications and with a satisfactory outcome for all concerned. We are extremely grateful to Kelly for her professional expertise and the invaluable support provided to us.”
Michelle Keenan, Chief Executive Officer, Edinburgh Headway Group
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Law Association