Eithar is an associate in AG’s corporate practice team, based in Muscat. She holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from St. Cuthbert's Society, Durham University. Prior to her training contract with AG, Eithar conducted various vacation schemes at a number of multi-national law firms.
Eithar regularly advises on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and company establishments. She provides strategic advice, assists with drafting documents, and advises on complex regulatory matters.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising China State Grid on a successful circa US$ 1 billion acquisition of a 49% stake in Oman Electricity Transmission Company, a major part of Oman's electricity sector privatisation programme;
- Advising a leading international corporation on the development of a renewable power project (wind and solar) to produce green hydrogen in Oman, which included advising on aspects of the project development and sub-usufruct agreements and working opposite regulators such as the Ministry of Energy and Minerals of Oman and Hydrom (the entity tasked with orchestrating the national interest in green hydrogen);
- Advising Vision Insurance Company SAOG on its merger with Oman Qatar Insurance Company SAOG, resulting in the de-listing and dissolution of Vision from the Muscat Stock Exchange;
- Advising Rakiza Infrastructure Fund on its joint venture with Helios Towers plc which acquired the passive telecommunications tower infrastructure portfolio of Omantel for US$ 495 million; and
- Advising Rakiza Infrastructure Fund on its acquisition of a minority stake in Oman International Container Terminal LLC (also known as Hutchison Ports Sohar).