Lauren has recently qualified as a solicitor with the firm, having completed two years as a paralegal in the litigation division followed by two years on the firm's training contract. Lauren has gained a wide range of experience during her time with the firm, including in both contentious and transactional work, particularly in restructuring, civil litigation, corporate finance and banking finance.
Lauren completed a secondment to Addleshaw Goddard's Muscat office in 2021 as part of her training contract, advising on matters in Oman, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Lauren currently specialises in both transactional and contentious restructuring work and advises turnaround investors, banks, insolvency practitioners and companies.
Lauren's experience includes:
- advising JD Sports Fashion with its pre-pack administration purchase of Go Outdoors
- advising a major UAE based telecommunications provider on its USD 1 billion syndicated conventional / Islamic facilities made available by a syndicate of regional banks
- assisting CIS General Insurance Limited in its IT contract dispute against IBM United Kingdom Limited - identified by The Lawyer as one of the 'top 20 cases of 2020'
- advising PZ Cussons on its disposal of its Nigerian dairy business
- acting for the shareholders of Dukosi Limited, a market leader in the development of cell based battery solutions to the industrial and transport sectors, on its sale to the KCK investment group
- acting for the shareholders (including management and NorthEdge) of Direct Healthcare on its sale to ArchiMed
- acting for a number of NHS Foundation Trusts asserting claims that they are entitled to mandatory business rate relief due to their charitable status
- acting for both corporate and individual clients in the Manchester Arena public inquiry and the Grenfell Tower public inquiry