James is a Legal Director in our corporate transactions team with a long history of experience in trade M&A and private equity transactions. James' clients come from all areas including private equity houses, investee companies, family businesses and global corporations. He has a particular knowledge in aerospace and aviation related work and has had a long standing relationship with ADS the aerospace and defence trade organisation.
- Advising an international oil services company on the c£200m acquisition of UK North Sea upstream business and assets
- Advisor to a leading UK university on the spin out of its proprietary intellectual property with particular focus on biopharm
- Acting for a variety of leading private equity house on a number of investments and disposals.
- Acting for a world leading drinks company in their first acquisition in the Scotch whisky market.
- Advising aviation businesses on their regulatory risks of Brexit and how to future proof their routes to market.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Year qualified
- Bachelor of Law, University of Edinburgh, 1995
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, 1996
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh, 2000