Sam joined the Restructuring team in 2020 following completion of his training contract with Womble Bond Dickinson. Sam specialises in both transactional and contentious restructuring work and advises turnaround investors, banks, insolvency practitioners, companies and directors.
Sam completed a secondment to Lloyds Banking Group as part of his training contract, working across the Restructuring and Debt Products legal teams.
Examples of Sam's experience include:
- Assisting insolvency practitioners with reviewing and pursuing the realisation of assets
- Advising administrators on retention of title disputes.
- Advising directors on duties and defences to claims by insolvency practioners
- Advising several clearing banks on the validity and enforceability of their security
- Advising administrators on the validity of their appointment