Mathieu advises on all aspects of corporate/M&A matters. He specialises in mergers & acquisitions, group reorganisations, general corporate law and private equity. He has recently worked on domestic and cross-border transactions for clients, in the context of both external growth and distressed situations, either buy-side or sell-side and in various sectors such as automotive, aerospace and defence, packaging, traditional industry, oil & gas, agriculture, food & drink, engineering and financial services.
With more than 18 years of experience, he is particularly skilled at handling complex carve-out issues and processes, including in the context of divestment or distressed transactions.
Mathieu speaks fluent French and English and is admitted to practice law in France, Paris Bar.
- Advising an American listed manufacturer of medical devices and an American plastic packaging manufacturer in the context of corporate reorganisation transactions
- Regular adviser to an investment fund (Germany) on several investment and divestiture projects in France, often implying the implementation of complex carve-outs from major French and foreign industrial players
- Advised an investment fund in the context of build-up and sale transactions for their portfolio companies
- Counsel to several advisory and consultancy firms in the context of their expansion in France, corporate governance issues and shareholder relationships and disputes
- Advised on the sale of the French engineering divisions of a major defence group and of the French subsidiary of an Italian energy group
- Advised leading French and American sports equipment groups in the context of several acquisition and cross-border sale transactions
- CAPA (Certificat d’Aptitude à la Profession d’Avocat), Versailles, 2002
- University Paris XI - ESSEC Business School, DESS Business Law, 2001
- University Paris XI, Master’s Degree, Business Law, 2000
- French (native)
- English (fluent)
"Compliance: a strategic issue in M&A transactions?" Discover the article written by Mathieu Taupin, David Père and Cécile Terret for DAF Magazine - view here >
- The M&A Team has been ranked by Décideurs Leaders League as "Highly recommended" for transactions up to €75 million (edition 2021)
- M&A Team ranked "FIRM TO WATCH" in the Legal 500 EMEA guide 2023